Whitley's Pulse 'Gluten Free' Batter Flour
Whitley's Pulse 'Gluten Free' Batter Flour - It’s New... It’s Different... It’s Healthy... It’s GLUTEN FREE!! Our NEW ‘Whitley’s Pulse Batter Flour is made NOT from a conventional Wheat Flour but from 100% Natural Pulse Flour. Courtesy of ‘Mother Nature’ our Pulse Batter contains more protein, more energy, more fibre and more trace minerals with less carbohydrates, less sodium, less starch and less sugar than Wheat Based Batters...
Whitley's Pulse 'Gluten Free' Batter Flour - It’s New... It’s Different... It’s Healthy... It’s GLUTEN FREE!!
Our NEW ‘Whitley’s Pulse Batter Flour is made NOT from a conventional Wheat Flour but from 100% Natural Pulse Flour.
Courtesy of ‘Mother Nature’ our Pulse Batter contains more protein, more energy, more fibre and more trace minerals with less carbohydrates, less sodium, less starch and less sugar than Wheat Based Batters.
More importantly, when analysed by Foodtest Laboratories Ltd they found that the oil absorbed during frying was reduced by up to 46%! - producing a far less greasy product.
Extended trials with four of our customers have also shown that Pulse has a better yield factor requiring up to 33% less flour to produce the same quantity of batter!
Offering You and Your Customers a host of benefits…
- Contains MORE Protein
- Contains MORE Fibre
- Contains MORE Trace Minerals
- Contains MORE Energy
- Contains LESS Starch
- Contains LESS Sugar
- Contains LESS Carbohydrates
- Contains LESS Sodium
Nigel Hodgson of Hodgson’s Chippy, Lancaster found that our Pulse “Mixed well, used a lot less flour and was very smooth. The batter was crisp and stood well in the hot cabinet. The taste was excellent with no ‘pallet cling’. It really complemented the taste of the fish and the reduction in oil pick up was remarkable!!”
Carl Heery of Fairfield Place, Buxton says “Pulse is truly fantastic! It makes my oil last longer, it goes a lot further than normal batters and gives a superb, tasty coating that has definitely increased my fish sales! One review on Trip Advisor since using Pulse wrote ‘Simply the best! The Cod is cooked to perfection in tasty, thin Batter’!”
John Greenslade of The Kerry Lamb, observed “there is a lot less oil pick up and the frying media stays cleaner for longer. The batter coats very evenly unlike more ‘bubbly’ traditional batters. It has a very pleasant taste and the customer response has genuinely been excellent with several people who had never previously eaten battered cod returning for more. An American visitor last week said that the ‘Pulse’ battered Onion Rings were the best he had ever had!! And it also makes excellent Onion Bhajis - and surprisingly, splendid short-crust pastry!!
Whilst the base raw material for Pulse costs more than the cost of Premium Wheat Flour, the gap is narrowed considerably because of its much-reduced oil pick-up and its greatly improved yield factor - making your frying media and the Pulse Flour go a lot further.
Customers are finding that they can fry 20%-25% more fish in the same amount of oil and from the same amount of batter flour.
Fat Analysis Batter Coated Fish Product Fat Content (g/100g)
FP1 - Fish fried in Wheat Flour Batter by a past National Fish & Chip Awards Champion = 21.4% Fat Content
FP3/FP4 - Fish fried in production ‘Pulse’ by an Award-Winning Fish and Chip Shop showing a fat content of 13.3% and 11.6% respectively.
Analysis above independently processed by Foodtest Laboratories Ltd, West Yorkshire.
The analysis from the data above proves there can be up to a 46% reduction in oil pick up when comparing a standard wheat based batter (FP1) to NEW Whitley’s Pulse Batter Flour (FP4). Remarkable!!
1.5kg Samples of Whitley’s Pulse Batter Flour are now available - seeing and tasting is truly believing!! It will make your already healthy product even healthier - as the perfect balanced meal!
- VAW News Issue 107 In this issue of VAW News we have features on 'Own Label' Greaseproof, Gluten Free, Double A Kebabs, Our Just Sauces Range, Allergen Awareness and the Hawkins Big Boy Pressure Cookers. We also have some fantastic promotions on Drwite, Double
- Growing Your Gluten Free Options How Common is Coeliac Disease? Coeliac disease is common and affects one in 100 people. However only 24% who have the condition have been diagnosed which means there are currently nearly half a million people who have coeliac disease but don’
- Award Winning Whitley's Gravy and Batter Whitley’s Pulse ‘Gluten Free’ Batter Flour and Vincent’s Gravy Mix scooped Awards at the CCM Chefs’ Own-Brand Awards. Cash & Carry Management, in partnership with the Craft Guild of Chefs, recently announced the wi
- Whitley's Fine Batter Flours We have been manufacturing batter flours at V.A.Whitley for over 80 years, during which time we have built up a wealth of experience and understanding in the art of manufacturing our excellent range of Whitley’s Batter Flours. We have worked