Waste Edible Oil Service
V.A. Whitley offer a fully registered and professional waste oil/fat collection service for our customers.
How the service works...
- We provide you with a 60 Litre or 120 Litre lidded barrell FREE OF CHARGE.
- When your container is full just contact VA Whitley Waste Oil Collection Services on: Blackpool: 01253 884568 Colwyn Bay: 01492 540404 Heywood: 01706 364211.
- We arrange for collection at the earliest opportunity and replace the container with an empty one using our dedicated waste oil collection vehicle.
- We provide you with a legally required 'Controlled Waste Transfer Note' which you should retain for 2 years.
- Additionally, we pay for the volume of waste oil/fat we collect from you by crediting your V.A. Whitley Account. The credits will be set against the costs of your future purchases of oils and fats from V.A. Whitley! (The value of the collected material may vary upon the market value.)
- We now offer Save & Select Points on your Waste Edible Oil that we collect. For every 120 Litre Collection you will receive £21.60 Credit (inclusive of VAT) and 10 Save & Select Points. For every 60 Litre Collection you will receive £10.80 Credit (Inclusive of VAT) and 5 Save & Select Points.
Do's and Dont's...
We request and recommend that:
- You ensure barrels / drums are stored in a secure area - Theft of Waste Oil is on the increase.
- The maximum temperature you fill your barrel / drum should be no more than 60°C. Hot Oil will weaken and eventually melt the barrel / drum leading to hazardous spillages.
- You leave time for oil to cool before moving your barrel / drum to avoid risk of burning.
- You use protective clothing and gloves where necessary.
- You always use the barrel clip provided to avoid spillages.
- You are proactive and arrange for your collection by us in good time, once the barrel is full.
- You retain your “Controlled Waste Transfer Note” for at least 2 years as this is a legal requirement.
Please find here the Catering Information Sheet for "Safety during emptying and Cleaning of Fryers' as provided by the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) - DOWNLOAD PDF
*Please follow HSE guidance when filling the barrels with oil, which states that you should only carry out manual emptying and filtering of fryers when the oil has been cooled to 40°C or below.