BE INSPIRED Look after your frying fat...
It is essential for ...
- Consistent high food quality
- Maximising your profits
- Maintaining an environment pleasant for both staff and customers alike
Frying media deteriorates because of...
- A mixture of Heat and Water
- Build-up of Food Particles (Carbonisation)
- Excessive exposure to AIR (oxidation)
- Ensure frying temperatures are correct
- Removing excessive water from products to be fried
- Constant and regular removal of food particles by sieve and filtering machine
- Do not use a thick batter for this will increase oil absorption and produce greasy products
- Use a frying depth of 3.5” - 4” to enable regular top ups with fresh oil
- Do not overload the pan to cause major temperature drop (Ratio 1:6 food to oil)
- Do not leave traces of cleaning chemicals in your pans or on your utensils
- Cover pans when not in use to reduce oxidation
- Clean pans and extraction vents and flues regularly to avoid build-up of burnt carbon/fat deposits and thus reduce fire hazards.